- What is CAGED system?
- It is a way to hold the C, A, G, E, and D shape on the first three frets on the guitar and while using the barre hold you are able to push them forward and hold all the other chords on the guitar neck. I made actually an exercise on how to hold a better barre chord, if you click here you can go to the video.
- How to construct major 7th chords?
- They consist of four notes. The major chords consist of three notes: root note, major 3rd and perfect 5th. If you add one more note, the major 7th note you will get to the major 7th chord.
- For example C major consist of C (root note), E (major 3rd) and G (perfect 5th), while C major 7th have four notes and these are: C (root note), E (major 3rd), G (perfect 5th) and B (major 7th).
- A good exercise would be to write down and figure out the notes of the other chords, for example Amaj7th, Gmaj7th, Emaj7th, Dmaj7th.
- And here is the TAB for the different shapes of the major 7th chords:
- What is the sequence of the chords?
- A, A#/Bb, B, C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab
And at last this is my teaching video on the whole topic:)